MSuper 3 has been in development for a few months and Gotway has been slowly releasing teasers to the official Facebook page with regards to the wheel since March. The last time I was at Gotway factory in May, I only had the chance to try out the wheel within the premises of the factory. Today, I finally had the chance today to get hold of the unit and take it for a spin. So, does the hype meets the expectations, we will find out. Let us first look at the specs
I started out cautiously given my recent injuries. However, as I used it longer, I started to grow with confidence with the wheel. It suddenly all appear to me its actually a fun wheel especially for those who has a "need for speed" or enjoy extreme dirt tracks wheeling. When needed, the sudden burst in speed is there. The rated specs of the highest speed is 40km/h, though i believe it can actually go above that speed. (Of course at your own risk)
While cruising with the wheel, you can definitely feel a firm grip on the ground with this wheel even at higher speed. In fact, the stability gives you so much confidence that you are always moving with confidence at a higher speed with this wheel. You definitely won't feel a drop in power in this 1500w rated motor. It has no problems in scaling a 20 degrees slope for a 78 kg adult. The USB is a useful feature too.
This is definitely a hella of a beast wheel for one who can control the beast.
- Very stable wheel even at high speed
- Integrated handle
- Good pedal grip
- A fun wheel capable of taking all the different terrains
- Smooth acceleration
- USB point to serve as emergency power bank
- 18 inch wheel means it can roll over most obstacles without issue
- Probably the best 18 inch wheel in the market unrivalled by none
- Consider this a Gotway wheel, it is actually quite classy looking
- Quite comfortable on the calves despite being an 18 inch wheel
- A clumsy wheel to manoeuvre but better than MSuper 2
- Very heavy to carry around in situations where wheeling is not possible
- Light are probably not bright enough
- Not practical for city riding
- NOT LTA specs compliant
- Definitely need to suit it up with protection as the speed is dangerous
Please send your preorder queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Msuper 3 is available for preorder at the following prices:
- 680Wh - $1399
- 820Wh - $1699
Special thanks to Linnea Lin for explaining the functionalities of the wheel to me and allowing me to try the wheel.